CACFP/Supper Program at Elementaries
USDA and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have provided resources and important reminders for Child Nutrition Program participants with Medicaid or Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage in the wake of the end of the Federal public health emergency (PHE).
Participants and their families are encouraged to:
- UPDATE contact information with the State Medicaid or CHIP agency.
- RESPOND to the Medicaid/CHIP renewal form when it arrives to keep coverage.
- PARENTS should respond even if you don't think you're eligible — your kids could still be eligible!
- CONSIDER OTHER COVERAGE OPTIONS: If you are no longer eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, check if you can get coverage through your employer, through the Affordable Care Act Marketplace at HealthCare.gov, or through Medicare.
CNP operators are encouraged to share this information via letters and templates available on the CMS site at: https://www.medicaid.gov/resources-for-states/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/unwinding-and-returning-regular-operations-after-covid-19/medicaid-and-chip-renewals-outreach-and-educational-resources/index.html Operators can also utilize and promote CMS's Communication Toolkit (https://www.medicaid.gov/resources-for-states/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/unwinding-and-returning-regular-operations-after-covid-19/medicaid-and-chip-renewals-outreach-and-educational-resources/index.html) (available in multiple languages, including English and Spanish) to do the following:
- Remind CNP participants about renewing their Medicaid or CHIP coverage and to update their address with their state Medicaid agency.
- Launch a text messaging campaign to reach CNP participants who maybe on Medicaid or CHIP. See CMS's toolkit for sample text messages.
- Promote social media content and graphics pulled from CMS's toolkit on your social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Uplift HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra's video (in English and Spanish) on Medicaid renewals across your social media channels.