Listed below you will discover a description of state and/or national resources for gifted and talented students followed by a link to the corresponding website. Other resources mentioned provide outside opportunities for students to further develope their gifts and talents.
- Texas Association for the Gifted & Talented (TAGT)
- The New Texas State Plan for G/T (2019)
- Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP)
- TPSP is a resource that provides differentiated instruction to G/T students. The standards project provides a scope and sequence of Texas standards, a suggested curriculum, and assessments for use in G/T programs from Kindergarten through High School. These activities can also be used with all students in order to enhance classroom instruction.
- National Association for Gifted Children
- The Gifted/Talented Teacher Toolkit
- The toolkit provides assistance in teaching students how to engage in research.
- Equity in Gifted & Talented Education (TEA)
- Teachers First: Thinking Teachers Teaching Thinkers
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page: "All Things Gifted"
- Looking for a way to motivate, challenge, and provide differentiated opportunities for your gifted and talented child? Discover apps and articles in reference to Coding for Kids and Digital Literacy for students interested in advancing their knowledge in the field of technology. This new trend in technology enables students to learn computer programming in a fun way! Computer programmingcan help students apply problem-solving, critical-thinking, and a variety of other skills that enhance creativity in the field of technology.
- Exquisite Minds
- A great resource for students, parents, and educators that offers differentiation ideas, puzzles, etc.
- Discovery Education
- Brain boosters for students
- Grey Labryinth
- Brain-challenging puzzles for fast-finishing students
If you have questions or concerns, contact Lindsay Orr at 972-544-8662 Ext. 4815 or email@example.com